Michelle Obama kept things fairly casual for Tuesday’s state dinner with Cuban President Raúl Castro in Havana, wearing a floral knee-length dress from Naeem Khan.
At the White House state dinner in honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau. Khan was the designer whom Obama turned to for dresses for the First Daughters’ attendance at that East Room event. Seventeen-year-old Malia went with a strapless nude embellished dress and 14-year-old Sasha opted for a racer-front sheer floral dress with lace and velvet insets. The occasion marked the first time either teenager had attended a state dinner.
Here is Naeem’s S/S 2016 collection, I think you will love.
LIVESTREAM 10:00AM EST – President Obama address to the people of Cuba from El Gran Teatro de Havana
President Obama speech was not viewed by anyone in advance at the Cuban government, and El Gran Teatro de Havana is an amazing venue another first for a President of the United States. This is History being made and because of technology and live-streaming you are part of it. Let’s get the world into the digital space. To watch Live stream that took place already please forward to Time – 40:36
• Address to the Cuban people at El Gran Teatro de Havana, 10:10 a.m.
• Meeting with dissidents and civil society leaders, U.S. Embassy, 11:20 a.m.
• Baseball between the Tampa Bay Rays at Cuban National Team at Estadio Latinoamericano, 1:25 p.m.
• Departure from Jose Marti International Airport en route to Buenos Aires, Argentina, 3:50 p.m.
To replay the live-stream from today go to 52:25 timer mark on YouTube video
First US President in the heart of Cuba, Palacio de la Revolución
— RT en Español (@ActualidadRT) March 21, 2016
Being here, and being part of this historic event is a big rush. Now the young kids on the street see a ray of sunshine. Today on the plate more history to be made as the President goes where no other President has gone before.
• Wreath-laying and tour at the José Marti Memorial, 10:20 a.m.
• Official welcoming ceremony, Palace of the Revolution, 11 a.m.
• One-on-one meeting with Cuban President Raul Castro, 11:30 a.m.
• Expanded meeting between U.S. and Cuban officials, 1 p.m.
• Statements to the press by Presidents Obama and Castro, 1:50 p.m.
• Entrepreneurship summit, 3:45 p.m.
• State Dinner at the Palace of the Revolution, 7:25 p.m.