Lordie, the New Zealand teenager, who released debut album ‘Pure Heroine’ in 2013, met Bowie in November at Tilda Swinton’s 53rd birthday party at New York’s Museum Of Modern Art. Needless to say for Lordie, it was a special moment.
Speaking about this encounter Lordie say’s that David Bowie speaking about her music told her it “felt like listening to tomorrow”. That is very much like Bowie a creative animal who is always aware of other artist and while not always visible unless he wants to be, is on top of things creatively.
“To have someone like that tell you that listening to you felt like listening to tomorrow. I was like… I could creatively die and just be happy forever. I never tell anyone about that experience, because it meant so much to me, and I feel like it would be dulled or something if I always talked about it in magazines or whatever. It’s my special thing.” – Lordie
At the party a moment came, one of those moments that remain with you forever but was ever so fleeting, when a picture was taken and Bowie being very shy just held Lordie’s hand; She talks of this and says , “It was super cute, though—for some reason we were holding hands and just staring into each other’s eyes and talking, and I was like, This is David Bowie’s hand, what am I doing? It was insane. A beautiful moment.” It is why he is David Bowie and so many around the world talk of him his music and what he means to them in the film currently I am making David Bowie Is Around The World.
The world is in a constant flow. As one trend passes a new trends emerges. At times this happens in a split-second or as long as in a minute. Welcome to the world of Twitter and living in the now, and going with the flow. This is a story of a fan Ana Uribe in Medellin, Colombia her passion for Madonna and her MDNA tweet putting her a heart-beat from her idol musical performer Madonna, on a world tour MDNA World Tour 2012.
I am not sure where I was when the tweet from Ana came Abu Dhabi, or India getting on a plan or off, but as I always do I responded. Soon afterwards, Ana informed me about Hard Rock in Medellin and her relationship with them and with a click of a thumb I was able to connect Ana in Medellin, to recording artist and the principal guitarist for Madonna Monte Pittman’s manager, Lisa Claus. Thousands of miles apart, various time zones.
As far as social media goes it’s great, and combine that with someone with a global social network and look out anything can happen. Good things can happen. Dreams can come true. In the case of Ana, she tells me they have for her. You take a thread, weave it into the fabric and behold a colorful story in a rich tapestry.
Here is my interview with Ana, who through her relationships arranged for Monte Pittman to play at the Hard Rock in Medellin, is going to both the MDNA shows and the rest is up to the universe. Through the process Ana and I became friends and wouldn’t you know it I also knew someone in Medellin in music, that is another story.
WHEN DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER MADONNA?
1. I first discovered Madonna when I was 12 years old when I heard her first song Everybody! And after that I knew I was going to be her biggest fan!
Love everything about her: music, lyrics, her voice when she sings, her voice when she talks, the way she dance, her charisma, her intelligence and most of all her self confidence!
HOW EXCITED ARE YOU ABOUT MDNA TOUR IN YOUR CITY:
2. I am extremely excited! More than words can describe! Is a dream come true! I still can’t believe it!
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MEETING MONTE PITTMAN?
3. Being with Monte Pittman and being his interpreter is much more than I ever dreamed! Is being in some way close to Madonna and part of her world! I still cant believe it!
IF YOU WHERE TO MEED MADONNA WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
4. OMG! If I could meet Madonna I would thank her for all the joy she has brought into my life with her music, I would tell her that that is the most unforgettable moment of my entire life and I would beg for not to be speechless! And of course I would say: I love you!
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FAMILY AND MUSIC?
5. I am really proud of my family! All of them are professional musicians : from my grandfather who played sax, flute and clarinet in the symphonic orchestra of Colombia and also was part of the famous Lucho Bermudez Y Su Orquesta . All my uncles and aunts and my father have a long history in music with many awards in the classical and jazz music. Two of my uncles were nominated for a Grammy, one last year and the other one in 2001.
My father: luis Uribe Espitia and my aunt Blanca Uribe, Luis Biava and jaime Uribe.
Parties with them are amazing!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF TWITTER?
6. I really created and account in Twitter to follow everything that concerns MDNA tour. I made a comment in an interview that Timothy Khan made to Monte Pittman. I said he was so lucky to have the chance to be so close to him. He answered to me saying that it would be great to arrange something with him in Medellin! I couldn’t believe it and when MDNA starts getting close I send him a message and he answered right away! He put me in contact with Lisa Claus his manager and in 4 days everything was ready! It’s a dream come true! I have so much to thank to Timothy Khan!
I love Twitter now.